Careers at GalaxyCon
GalaxyCon is in the happiness business. We put on festivals with the purpose of delivering joy, nostalgia, and meaningful human connection.
Our TEAM is made of employees, agents, talent, exhibitors, panelists, track directors, sidekicks, contractors, venue service people, city officials, hotel service people, volunteers, and so much more. We are all interconnected, and we thrive when every member understands how they create meaningful experiences for festival attendees and team members.
Our guiding principle is to connect people with similar interests. We do this by coordinating content/panels/guests and volunteer opportunities for people who enjoy the same things.
We commit to being helpful, and to lending a hand when asked or when we can see someone needs help.We value diversity of backgrounds and perspectives as much as we embrace the diversity of geek interests.
We’re all on the same team.
GalaxyCon is a worldwide leader in connecting fans with their favorite celebrities online and in-person. In the past year, GalaxyCon has transitioned from running comic-con events across the country to hosting virtual celebrity experiences for fans around the globe. We connect fans and celebrities in ways previously unimagined.
We have a fast-paced work environment juggling event announcements, e-commerce sales, one-to-one video chats, live stream Q&As, personalized autograph fulfillment, and shipping customer orders. We also produce large fan festivals in three cities each year for 20,000 to 40,000 attendees.
If you live in South Florida AND you have the qualifications to succeed in any of these roles, please email a resume to Mike Broder firstname.lastname@example.org with a paragraph about why you are interested in working for GalaxyCon.
Social Media Intern
The ideal candidate has the ability to work with graphics and video for the purpose of sharing content on social media, particularly in vertical formats.
* Use tools like Canva, Placeit, or Adobe Rush
* Create Content to Post to Stories, Reels, TikTok, and Pinterest
* Create Bitly short links with UTM Tracking for the posts
* Engage with audience in the comments
* Experience creating content for social media using graphics and video
* Sense of humor in personality and writing skills
* Familiarity with trending memes
* Ability to work independently and with a team
More advanced graphics and video skills are appreciated but not necessary for this role.
The ideal candidate is a skilled creative professional that thrives in a team environment. You will collaborate with other team members to optimize and update the look, layout and features of our websites, emails, and landing pages.
* Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent web experiences
* Continually improve and optimize user experience for sites
* Collaborate in concept development and design ideation cross-functionally to help define a creative strategy
* Modify copy from Marketing make sure keywords are included for SEO
* Experience designing landing pages that drive revenue
* Experience optimizing evergreen pages for SEO
* Intermediate level Photoshop skills
* Deep understanding of HTML and CSS. JQuery is a plus.
All of the coding we need is for optimizing the existing themes and templates that we use.
GalaxyCon uses Shopify for e-commerce and Klaviyo for email automations. Experience optimizing with either platform is a plus. If you have experience customizing themes and templates of other platforms, that would be considered relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing projects within the decided-upon budget, timeline, and scope. They will also monitor the results of the projects in relationship to revenue goals and and present updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members.
• Manage project timelines
• Monitor project deliverables
• Update relevant stakeholders or team members on the project progress
• Coach and support project team members with tasks you assign them
• Experience meeting daily deadlines on task and on budget
• Experience using Project Management tools to keep people organized
• Strong business acumen in project planning and management
• Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
The projects may include but not be limited to event planning, marketing, talent booking, e-commerce, shipping, and fulfillment. Employment Type Full-time
Advertising Graphic Designer
GalaxyCon is looking for a highly creative Advertising Graphic Designer who is passionate about Geek and Pop Culture and loves to generate original ideas and tell a story with graphics and copy.
You will work with a passionate team to create exciting and engaging creative to help promote our Virtual Events with Celebrities, Voice Actors, and Comic Book Creators, as well as our live in-person Comic-Con events.
We are looking for someone who is a curious, resourceful, enthusiastic, creative, and detail-oriented team player that will obsess over helping us service fans and grow our brand across the globe.
Previous experience should include the following:
• Graphics for Social Media and the Web
• Photo Editing
• Image Cut-Outs
• Pitch Decks
• Printed Materials
• Large Format Signs & Banners
• Page Layout
• Rapid Turnaround Time on Projects
• Produce excellent designs, both creatively as well as effectively, in multiple media types including, but not limited to digital, social, print, tradeshow, etc.
• Maintain best practices for file and server management, including the consistent application of naming conventions, file/folder organization, versioning control, and more.
• Highly proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Follow brand guidelines.
• Ability to begin tasks, with minimal instruction, from concept to finished product.
• Seek out new design perspectives and bring ideas and innovation.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Be solutions-oriented, and supportive in finding solutions to unexpected challenges.
• Demonstrate knowledge of printing techniques/requirements for developing print-ready files.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
• Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. After Effects and Premiere Pro are a huge plus.
• Handle stressful deadlines and workloads with a positive attitude.
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• Work a non-traditional schedule
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Creativity, flexibility, and initiative
• Highly organized, strong attention to detail
• Commitment to excellence
• Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written
• Advanced Understanding of Colors & Fonts for Printing vs. Web
• Work in Windows or Mac environments interchangeably
• Travel multiple times a year for live events
• Must be highly collaborative with a “We” not “Me” mentality