GalaxyCon Raleigh is July 29 - August 1, 2021 at the Raleigh Convention Center
GalaxyCon Raleigh is More Than a Comic Con! It’s a 4-Day FESTIVAL OF FANDOM with celebrities, creators, voice actors, cosplayers, entertainers, fan groups, gamers, panelists, streamers, and PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
GALAXYCON RETURNS TO RALEIGH JULY 29 - AUGUST 1, 2021
This is the announcement you’ve been waiting for and the one we’ve been hoping for. GalaxyCon Raleigh will happen July 29 - Aug 1 at the Raleigh Convention Center.
North Carolina’s Gov. Roy Cooper has stated his intention to allow for larger gatherings this summer, which will allow us to move forward with hosting GalaxyCon Raleigh. Here’s what you can expect:
- Tickets will be limited as we will be capping attendance at lower than normal numbers. We expect to sell out of most ticket types prior to the start of the event.
- Masks will be required of all attendees.
- Tickets for last year's event are valid for 2021. If you do not wish to attend this year you may request to move your ticket to our 2022 event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- New Tickets will go on sale on Friday May 7 at 12:00pm EST.
- We will have guests appearing in person and virtually. Guest announcements will begin soon. In-Person guests will participate as usual. Virtual guests will interact with fans at virtual celebrity meet and greet stations and will participate in Q&A’s.
- Celebrity Q&A’s will include in-person and virtual talent. A virtual pass will be available for people who are unable to attend the physical event.
- There will be increased sanitation and cleaning protocols.
- The aisles will be widened to ease crowding.
- There will be a policy of no handshakes, no hugs, no high-fives. We ask that all our attendees refrain from physical contact with our guests or other attendees.
- Due to increased safety concerns, certain programming tracks will be on hiatus in 2021, including video game and tabletop gaming rooms.
- We will be working with downtown partners to promote after-hours parties and events.
- Hotel reservation links will be sent to existing ticket holders on Tuesday May 4. Hotel reservation links will be made available to the public on Friday May 7.
- Exhibitors and Vendors with existing booths and tables will be contacted to reconfirm their 2021 space. New spaces will be made available by invitation to those vendors and exhibitors on our waiting list.
- Tickets purchased for this event are non-refundable.
Please note that as we move forward, things are subject to change as state and local guidelines are adjusted. We will post all announcements and updates on our website and social media pages. In addition to planning for GalaxyCon Raleigh we will continue to host weekly virtual events at www.galaxycon.com
Thank you for your continued support,
Stay tuned for announcements about Guests, Programming, Costume Contests, and more Exciting Events!
Raleigh Convention Center
500 S Salisbury St
Raleigh, NC 27601
Exhibition Hall Hours
THURSDAY: 2pm to 8pm
FRIDAY: 10am to 8pm
SATURDAY: 10am to 8pm
SUNDAY: 10am to 6pm
THURSDAY: 2pm to 9pm
FRIDAY: 10am to 10pm
SATURDAY: 10am to 10pm
SUNDAY: 10am to 7pm
The Raleigh Convention Center is located in the heart of Raleigh, NC and is located adjacent to the Red Hat Amphitheater.
Downtown Raleigh has over 14,000 Parking Spots! For more information about where to park, visit Downtown Raleigh Parking Garages & Addresses.
Convention Center Parking
There are Public Parking garages on Lenoir Street between Salisbury and McDowell Street, one on McDowell Street between Cabarrus and Davie Street, and one on Salisbury Street between Cabarrus and Davie Street.
Accessible Parking is available on the 1st level of each garage
For more information on ADA Accessibility, please visit the the Raleigh Convention Center.
The Raleigh Convention Center is an ADA-Compliant Facility. Please visit the Conventer Center's website for more information on their accessibility services.
Info & Disability Assistance Booth
The Info & Disability Assistance Booth is located inside the registration area.
We’re happy to help any attendee that requires assistance information regarding accessibility.
The Raleigh Convention Center does not have wheelchairs available for rent, but you are welcome to bring your own.
We will attempt to secure a partner for scooter rentals 6 weeks before the event.
Restrooms are available in main lobby, ballroom lobby, south lobby, and mezzanine.
Family and gender neutral restrooms are also available in the main lobby, ballroom lobby, and mezzanine
Faucet controls automatically start through sensors
Please visit the Convention Center's website to view placement of facility restrooms and elevators per facility level.
We use Google Live Transcribe to provide written transcripts in real time of our panels for the hearing impaired.
Please notify us two weeks in advance of the event so that we can make sure this technology is engaged in the panels you’d like to attend if you are hearing impaired: email@example.com
In general, animals are not permitted inside the Raleigh Convention Center except for the following instance:
Service animals, which the Americans with Disabilities Act defines as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The task(s) performed by the dog must be directly related to the person’s disability. The dog must be trained to take a specific action when needed to assist the person with a disability. Emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. Also, service animals in training are not considered service animals under the ADA.
Attendees requiring the assistance from a service animal may pick up a Fast Pass Button at the Info & Disability Booth that will allow them access to the Fast Lane in the Autograph and Photo Ops area of the convention.
All sanitary needs for animals are the responsibility of the handler, and the animal must remain in the control of the handler at all times.
While it is not necessary, we encourage guests with assistive animals to contact facility management (919) 995-8500 in advance of the event in order to most appropriately accommodate the needs of the guest and their animal
Those requiring assistance from their PCA may request a complimentary companion day pass at the info & disability booth. This pass grants the PCA access to the event as well as a Fast Lane Badge for Autographs and Photo Ops in the celebrity area. PCAs are not granted VIP badges, even if the person requiring assistance has a VIP pass.
Exhibitors and Vendors with existing booths and tables will be contacted to reconfirm their 2021 space. New spaces will be made available by invitation to those vendors and exhibitors on our waiting list. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org